August 19th, 2011, by Mirlin Manshon
We are back and I wanted to drop a note thanking you for all of your efforts on a wonderful family vacation. Everything went off just as planned and it was truly a once in a lifetime vacation that we would love to do again very soon. I thought I would give you specific feedback on each of the major areas;
1) Thompsons - this is clearly a first class organization that is well run and staffed with very good people. Everyone was both knowledgeable and helpful – they took very good care of us.
2) Djuma - Wow, what a place. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the entire Djuma experience a 15. From the people, the food, the living quarters, the two young gentlemen running the operations (Eugene and ?? – I forgot his name), the ranger and tracker and most importantly the ANIMALS – everything was top notch!! I cannot say enough good things about it.
3) Sleepy Hollow & Elephant Whispers - definitely glad you put this on the itinerary. Sleepy Hollow was fine (not great) and Elephant Whispers was very well run and a crazy fun experience. Very glad we did it.
4) 12 Apostles - like Djuma, on a scale of 1-10 I would rate 12 Apostles a 15. You could not find a better location for a 5 star hotel and the people at the hotel were all first class. I would like to point out and thank the duty manager who adopted us while we were there – Ashley Steyn – is one of the finest gentlemen you could ever have in that role. They went out of their way to make it an exceptional experience for my family.
5) African Travel - your time and attention was wonderful and the email you wrote me telling me how to tip every step of our itinerary was invaluable. Your service was also a 15 on a scale of 1-10. THANK YOU!!
(…)The trip was amazing and everything went very well , and we look forward to booking our next African safari through you.
On behalf of our entire family – thank you for this wonderful/unforgettable experience and we look forward to going on another safari soon.
(Trip to South Africa)